Nonwoven Polypropylene Fabric – Ideal for Liquid Absorption & Filter Media
Polypropylene is a thermoplastic polymer used in a variety of nonwovens, including filter bags and pleatable filters and other applications which require thermal forming and/or welding.
Nonwoven polypropylene is also used for liquid absorption and is commonly used in the diaper and wipes markets.
In addition to our full Technostat® line, Superior Felt stocks many different styles of nonwoven polypropylene fabric ranging from .5 oz. per square yard up to 44 oz. per square yard.
We can also customize your nonwovens with a blend of other fibers, including polyester and viscose.
Benefits of Nonwoven Polypropylene:
- Perfect for filtration media
- Ideal for use in diapers, wipes, feminine care & certain medical products
- Absorbs little or no moisture
- Resistance to bleaches & most solvents
- Excellent resistance to acids & alkalis
- High temperature resistance
- Low Cost
- Moderate strength & stability
- Good resistance to wearing & sunlight
- Not attacked by mildew, mold or bacteria
- Oil removing capabilities Filters do not hydrolyze in water
*Material properties will vary by manufacturing process