Specialty Fibers & Materials
Nonwoven Manufacturer Creates Specialty Fibers & Specialty Fiber Nonwoven Products for Distinct Application Requirements
Superior Felt & Filtration has the capability to produce, procure, distribute & fabricate many products made of specialty fibers and materials, including:
- Spunlace Fabrics
- Spunbond Fabrics (Point Bond & Flat Bond)
- Thermal Bonded / Air Laid / Resin Bonded Fabric
- Carbon (Pre-Oxidized) Fibers
- Woven Synthetic Fibers
- Open & Closed Cell Foam
- Synthetic Leather
- Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS fiber) – For very high temperature applications
- Nylon – For textiles that require stretch
Superior Felt & Filtration also creates specialty fiber carpets for automotive & marine applications, as well as nonwoven fabrics that are made specifically for printing.
As industries evolve, so too should the fibers used in products.
For example, Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) has become a very important fiber in the hot gas filtration industry due to its resistance to heat, alkalinity and abrasion. Even though it costs much more than the polyester it replaced, the value added to the end-user is substantially more performance & service life.