Superior Wool Roll Goods
Our Felt Company Provides SAE Felt for Various Applications and Industries
Productive work places need problem solving solutions using wool felt. Do you need to fix a squeak, rattle or vibration? Do you need an engineered specified material to die cut a gasket or seal that can absorb a lubricant? Superior stocks the largest inventory of wool felt in North America.
Our high quality wool felts are manufactured to the SAE specification (Federal Specification C-F-206G). Superior stocks multiple densities and thicknesses across a wide spectrum of pressed, needled, virgin and reprocessed wool offerings. We offer roll good distribution for just in time delivery or we can turn key your wool felt project from concept to completion with value added converting.
Whether it is a roll of felt, gasket, felt strip, seal or wick, wool felt has a vast range of practical uses across a wide range of industries. Here are just a few product benefits:
- Wool felts are naturally flame resistant. Although they will burn when exposed to an open flame, when the flame is removed the felt will extinguish itself
- Wool felts remain unchanged in physical properties as it wears
- Can be hard enough to turn on a lathe and also soft enough to be sewn
- Wool felts do not ravel or fray
- Highly absorbent and uninjured by continued oil/lubricant saturation
- Significant resiliency
- Wool felt is an excellent insulator against cold, heat, sound and vibration.